How To Buy Winter Motorcycle Gloves
If you’ve been out riding on the streets on a cold winter night, you will know why no rider should venture out without gloves. They protect your fingers, which can otherwise grow numb making it very difficult for you to control the bike. However, it is important that you should know how to buy winter motorcycle gloves. Otherwise, you may end up getting the wrong pair of gloves. Here are seven points that you must keep in mind while buying a pair of gloves:
1. The gloves should have a long and wide hook-and-loop closure lock. This will not only lock out the chill but also keep the glove on in case you skid. You will thus avoid scratched knuckles or bruised palms that you so often see in the case of careless riders.
2. Circulation deteriorates when the body is cold, so it's important that your glove fits properly and doesn't hamper the blood flow. Streamlined gloves made from high-tech material are a good option. If a glove feels tight, it is best to move to the next size.
3. You can opt for a variety of gloves instead of a single one. This way you can have gloves of different thickness that offer varying degrees of comfort and warmth, and can be used under different weather conditions.
4. Insulation is a very important part of the glove. Look for a high-efficiency lining made of material like 3M Thinsulate. It should line the inside completely. A thinner insulation in the palm area is good because it gives you better grip on the controls.
5. Good gloves have pre-curved fingers to give better flexibility and comfort. While trying a pair curl your fingers tightly and see if you feel comfortable or if the fabric bunches up. Try to grip and throttle with the gloves on to see how it would actually feel.
6. Now, a look at the fabric. The ideal winter glove should be made of a tightly woven synthetic fabric like Cordura. Compared to leather, nylon is lighter, more flexible and has a superior lever feel.
7. Finally, remember that the body prioritises the vital organs over the extremities when it comes to heating. If you keep your vital organs warm by wearing an electric vest then the body will distribute blood to your hands and feet as well instead of keeping it in circulation in the torso region only.
Harley Davidson Tours Articles
Harley Davidson Tours Books
Harley Davidson Tours